888 are one of the only providers to have given poker players the option to play full poker games for money on their iPad’s. The 888 app provides much of the functionality of the standard 888 main software with the added bonus of being able to play on the move and using convenient touchscreen navigation.
The best part is that if you are in the UK and you don’t currently have an 888 poker account, you can get a free £5 to play with. No deposit is necessary and it is a great way to familiarise yourself with 888 and maybe to win a few quid!
First steps before downloading the 888 app
As with all apps for the iPad you need to get the download from the Apple App store and download the application directly onto your device. The 888 poker app is free of charge to download and is 16.2MB in size, so downloading it should only take a few minutes. You can get the link for the app directly from the 888 poker website which will redirect you to the app in the app store so you don’t need to search for it.
To be able to use the app you will need to sign up for 888 poker because you will need to use your 888 poker username and password combination for the app to run on your iPad.
Click here to get a new 888 poker account and qualify for the FREE £5 bonus.
Signing up for an 888 account is very easy and it shouldn’t take more than a minute or two. You don’t need to add a credit card or any financial information if you don’t want to, although you should put valid contact details and a valid email address otherwise your account may not get setup correctly and when you want to withdraw winnings you might have problems, so keep your details present and correct.
You can sign up directly from the 888 website you can sign up directly from inside the mobile app itself.
Downloading the app is simple. Whether you already have your new 888 account or you plan to sign up through the app you can download the software from the 888 poker iPad app link.
Once you have downloaded the app you simply need to open it and then use your 888 poker login credentials which will then take you to the 888 poker lobby where you can choose your game or you can sign up directly from the app.
Once you have logged into the app you will be taken to the poker lobby.
Choosing your game
Games are limited to variants of Texas Hold ‘em. Unfortunately there is not Omaha, Stud, etc. but you do have the option of No Limit, Fixed Limit and Pot Limit Texas Hold ‘em.
You can choose to play for real money at 6 to 9 man Sit and Go’s or you can play micro stake cash games which range from 3¢/6¢ to $3/$6. Alternatively you can switch to practice play.
The connection you can use to play poker is through 3G or WiFi so the games run very smoothly. In fact once you are sat at a table you likely won’t notice any difference between playing on the 888 app version versus the standard 888 poker software version for PC.
Positives of using the app
See below for a list of the positives of playing poker using the 888 app.
- Undoubtedly having the flexibility of being able to play poker on the move or on your sofa at home using your iPad is an extremely welcome addition for poker players.
- The app runs quickly and smoothly.
- You can deposit and withdraw money using the app.
- There are options to play cash games and sit n go’s using the app.
- New players will get their welcome bonus of a free £5 if they create an 888 account using the app.
- The actual functionality of the app is very similar to the slick feel of the standard PC 888 poker software.
Negatives of using the app
There are only two main negatives to using the 888 poker app. They include –
- There are only a limited range of games available which are limited to Texas Hold ‘em and the games themselves are limited to low stakes. However, it is expected that forthcoming updates to the app will include an increased number of poker games available at higher stakes.
- There is no current facility to multi-table using the 888 iPad app.
Taking everything into account this reviewer see that 888 have produced an extremely polished poker app which transfers most of the functionality of their full PC poker software onto the iPad. Games run smoothly and quickly and graphically the app is awesome.
Download the 888 iPad poker app today and get your free £5 no deposit welcome bonus.